Hayling Island is a great place to cycle:
- Good weather
- No hills
- No through traffic
- The South Downs national park on our doorstep
It could be a great deal better. Provision for cyclists is limited or flawed, but there is plenty scope for improvement to encourage people to cycle more.
We are a volunteer community group campaigning to make Hayling Island more cycle-friendly. We also help people get cycling and make the most of their bikes. We have several projects on the go:
- Safe cycle routes to schools
- North-South off-road cycle link
- Hayling Billy upgrade
- Bikeability and cycle training
By their nature, project progress is slow, but we’ve achieved quite a bit already, including:
- Resurfacing of Footpath 88 as a shared cycle path
- The Hayling Island cycle map
- The Hayling Billy signboards
- The Billy Trail treasure hunt
- Work in the community
- This web site
We are recognised by Havant Borough Council as a community coalition and are a welcome resource to help with planning future developments.
If you want to support our efforts, please register your support.