Please come along next Friday (18-August-17) for a short leisurely ride with Cycle Hayling to celebrate cycling on Hayling, and chat about what’s going on with future cycle routes. There’s a lot planned for the next year or so, but plenty more to do.
- Please feel free to join and leave us at any point. We’ll be easy to spot – we’ll be carrying ‘Cycle Hayling’ signs.
- 17:30 Meet at the Olive Leaf pub for some optional lubrication. Maybe lubricate the bikes as well 🙂
- 18:00 Depart the Olive Leaf to cycle eastwards towards Sandy Point, via Sparkes Marina to see their new bike hire.
- 18:30 Ride westwards passing the Olive Leaf again to pick up any late arrivals, then on to the Ferry Boat Inn.
- 18:45 Arrive Ferry Boat Inn for another optional celebratory lubrication – maybe we can toast the new ferry Pontoons!
- 20:00 Disperse for home, with an optional ride down the Billy Trail for anyone that wants. You may need lights – it’s getting darker by 20:00.
It’s open to anyone. You don’t need to be fast! And you don’t need to be a signed up supporter (but it’s free, so why wouldn’t you be, if you want better cycling on Hayling? sign up here!).
- No charge – just turn up!
- The timings are approximate and weather dependent.
- Approximate distance if you ride it all is 5 miles (plus your mileage to start & finish).
- Helmets recommended, especially for children.
- Children under 14 should be accompanied by a responsible adult.
- Riders take responsibility for themselves – Cycle Hayling is only showing you the route and cannot accept any liability.
Please do come along and show your support for making Hayling more cycle-friendly! More details on our website at http://www.cyclehayling.org.uk/2017-leisurely-ride/
If you have any further questions, email us at email@example.com.
Here are some pictures of last year’s ride (yes – wasn’t it sunny! Always is on Hayling!).
Yours in cycling, Andy Henderson, Sue Underwood, Robert Sebley, Dave Mowatt, Wilf & Joy Forrow.