Hayling Island is in a great position for the leisure cyclist. We have the South Downs national park right on our doorstep.
The best way is to join a group. That way you can:
- Learn routes that avoid main roads
- Enjoy exploring the countryside with like-minded people
- Stretch yourself knowing you have support from the group if you get into trouble
- Get god advice about clothing and equipment
- Find out other cycling possibilities in the area and further afield
Continue reading “I’d like to cycle for pleasure”
Commuting by bike is a great way to get regular exercise and save money at the same time.
Here’s some things to think about:
Continue reading “I’d like to start commuting”
This article is for people that think they might need a bike, or a better bike, or just a different bike, whether you’re new to cycling or not.
If you don’t want to spend money until you’re sure it won’t be wasted, read on! You don’t want a terrible bike or the wrong type – that might put you off cycling for life and be a total waste of money. And you need to be safe!
Bike types can be very confusing – there’s a great summary of the different types on the Sustrans website.
If you don’t find the answers here, or you want advice on starting a different type of cycling (such as commuting to work, or joining a cycling club), you can always ask a specific question here.
Continue reading “I need a bike”